kink n : a sharp bend in a line produced when a line having a loop is pulled tight [syn: twist, twirl]
- Rhymes with: -ɪŋk
- A tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, hair etc.
- We couldn't get enough water to put out the fire because of a kink in the hose.
- A difficulty or
flaw that is likely to
impede operation, as in a plan or system.
- They had planned to open another shop downtown, but their plan had a few kinks.
- Peculiarity or deviation in sexual behaviour or taste.
difficulty or flaw that impedes operation
- Finnish: ongelma
peculiarity in sexual behaviour or taste
- Finnish: kierouma
- To form a kink.
- To be formed into a kink.
Kink or KINK can refer to:
- Kink (sexual), a colloquial term for non-normative sexual behavior
- KinK, a Canadian documentary television series profiling some of the more unusual edges of human sexuality
- KINK-FM (101.9) is a radio station in Portland, Oregon, in the United States
- Kink FM is an alternative radio station in the Netherlands
- The Kinks, a British rock band
- kink.com, a pornography company
- A colloquial term for a trigger point
- Kinks are solutions to the Sine-Gordon equation
- Kinked; A twist or bend in something such as rope or hair or IG index curve
acute pain, birthmark, bite, blackhead, bleb, blemish, blister, boring pain, boutade, brainstorm, bug, bulla, capriccio, caprice, catch, charley horse, check, cicatrix, cicatrize, cirrus, coil, comedo, complication, conceit, corkscrew, crack, cramp, cramps, crank, crater, craze, crazy idea, crick, crimp, crinkle, crisp, crotchet, curl, curlicue, darting pain, deface, defacement, defect, defection, deficiency, deform, deformation, deformity, difficulty, disfiguration, disfigure, disfigurement, distort, distortion, drawback, eccentricity, evolute, fad, failing, failure, fancy, fantastic notion, fantasy, fault, faute, flaw, flimflam, foible, fool notion, frailty, freak, freakish inspiration, freckle, fulgurant pain, girdle pain, gnawing, griping, gyre, harebrained idea, helix, hemangioma, hickey, hitch, hole, humor, idiosyncrasy, imperfection, inadequacy, infirmity, involute, jumping pain, keloid, knot, lancinating pain, lentigo, little problem, maggot, mar, megrim, milium, mole, needle scar, nevus, nip, notion, pang, paroxysm, passing fancy, pimple, pinch, pit, pock, pockmark, port-wine mark, port-wine stain, prick, problem, pustule, quirk, rift, ringlet, roll, scab, scar, scarify, scratch, screw, scroll, sebaceous cyst, seizure, sharp pain, shoot, shooting, shooting pain, shortcoming, snag, something missing, spasm, spiral, split, stab, stabbing pain, stitch, strawberry mark, sty, swirl, taint, tangle, tendril, thrill, throes, tormen, toy, track, tweak, twinge, twirl, twist, twitch, vagary, verruca, vesicle, volute, volution, vortex, vulnerable place, wale, warp, wart, weak link, weak point, weakness, weal, welt, wen, whim, whim-wham, whimsy, whirl, whitehead, whorl, wrench, wrinkle